Wednesday, March 21, 2012

A Note on Vacation

I am taking the time to write, because I have a few hours before Karaoke starts at the bar just outside my hotel. No, I don't think I will sing, but I'm definitely going to go and listen.

The ten hour flight was long. Long in the sort of way that makes you wish you were able to actually sleep, but lacking the proper blood/alcohol balance necessary for sleeping in the economy section of the plane. Now that I'm here, the flight was worth it. I did have a few moments of questioning my decision though, and I'm still seriously grumpy at my travel company for booking me through Atlanta instead of somewhere on the west coast, and charging me an arm and a leg to do so.

All that aside: I took an impromptu Ukelele lesson in a store on Waikiki beach with a couple of young men who introduced me to my new favorite song (Superman by Tarrus Riley, thank you). That alone was worth the ten hour plane trip. If I had to turn around and go home now, I would feel sad, but satisfied.

Tomorrow is going to be an early morning, and I would love to go to bed now, but it is only 7:30 here, even though my body is screaming that it is 1:30 in the morning, and I would like some sleep. I'm planning a longish run tomorrow, since I am staying quite close to the Honolulu Marathon route, but we will have to see how I feel, and how the traffic looks.

Love,
Diana

No comments:

Post a Comment